Miss Dance and Dance Master of Great Britain 2021
Applications to organize heats for the Miss Dance & Dance Master Of Great BritainCompetition sponsored by the International Dance Teachers' Association are granted under the following conditions.
Miss Dance & Dance Master Of Great Britain is a National competition in Theatre Dance. The Grand Final is arranged for 6th June 2021.
The total value of prizes will be in excess of £6,000. The following rules for the Miss Dance & Dance Master of Great Britain event are reviewed annually.
1. Competitors must be 16 years of age by 31st May 2021.
2. Competitors will be required to give a completed theatrical dance performance which may include, Modern Jazz, Tap, Gymnastic Dance, Dialogue, Song, Instrumentation, or Comedy, ( Classical ballet, Character, Greek, National are not permitted). Due to health and safety only small properties that can be carried by one person will be permitted.
3. Non vocal or vocal music may be used but ‘Vocal’ may not be used to enhance the natural voice. Standing miming to the song is not allowed and the dance must be relevant to the vocal. For finals day the music must be forwarded immediately after winning a heat by email, to the IDTA Music Coordinator Mrs J Kirkland, email firstname.lastname@example.org or
for transfer on to iPod to be played through the Opera House theatre’s sound system. In the event of a technical failure, a back track using either of the following devices USB/ipad/ipod has to be available on the day of the final.
4. For the 2021 Heats and Grand Final microphones or radio mics are permitted. These will only be provided by the IDTA on the day of the Finals.
5. Maximum time limit of 3 minutes. No play off allowed.
6. The same dance and musical arrangement performed in a winning heat must be danced on finals day, (Length of routine cannot be altered after qualifying). Any alteration will result in disqualification. Whilst we wish to encourage creativity we do need to be mindful of the wide range of audience watching the heats and finals day. Therefore, we do ask that all entries avoid insensitive subject matter that could cause distress. In particular subject matter that should be avoided would be those that could cause offence such as political, religious or health matters. Where, in the opinion of the Judges, this guidance has not been followed it may affect the marks awarded.
7. The adjudicator’s decision is final and no correspondence may be entered into. An adjudicator may not judge his or her own pupil/or any student at a school they teach at, or an ex pupil, who has received tuition with them within the last nine months prior to the date of the heat.
8. The winning heat competitors must gain a minimum of 90% of marks to dance at the Finals. Awards are presented to the heat winner and runner up. Heat winners may not enter any other qualifying heat.
9. Dance Master must be staged as a separate event.
10. The winners of Miss Dance and Dance Master Of Great Britain are not eligible to enter the event in future years. As from the 10th June 2019 any choreographed routine which has gained 1st place in the Grand Final in either Miss Dance or Dance Master Of Great Britain, cannot be performed by any other future competitors.
11. The first day of entry for the 2021 title will be 22 June 2020 and the last day for heat entries will be 31 May 2021. Any further heat winners after this date will be passed into the year 2022 event.
12.As from the 1st June 2019 all heat adjudicators are required to register on the approved Adjudicators list which is available from Mrs Sharon Berry/ IDTA head office or (for further details for registration these are available from Mrs Berry 07751383545 or Miss Dance website. Heat adjudicators must hold an IDTA Fellowship qualification, or an equivalent qualification with another recognised Association i.e. ADA,BATD,BBO,ISTD,NATD,NCDTA,RAD,SDTA,UKA
13.An independent panel selected by the Miss Dance Committee will adjudicate at the Finals of Miss Dance.
14.Competitors must report to the organisers at least 30 minutes prior to the ADVERTISED time of the heat commencing, failure to do so will result in automatic withdrawal, Number sequence must be adhered to at all times. Competitors not completing their performance will be disqualified and not permitted to re-dance. Competitors may re- dance only in the event of music failure.
15.Heat Organisers may not make additional conditions to the rules and the adjudicator must be made aware of all rulings and issued with a copy of the current rules.
16.Heats must not be closed until there are a minimum of 30 competitors. –
Miss Dance heats must not have more than 45 competitors.
17.Should a heat winner not be able to participate at the Finals, they must inform Mrs Sharon Berry, the Heat Winners Co-ordinator immediately and providing the runner up of the heat has gained the required 90% mark, they may be invited to dance at the Finals.
Mrs Berry can be contacted on 0114 2466126 or 07751 383545 or email to email@example.com.
18. On completion of the heat, a duplicate copy of the winner and heat runner's up report forms along with the official fully completed information sheet must be returned to Mrs Sharon Berry, 43 Sherburn Gate, Chapeltown, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S35 2EU.
19. The IDTA engages an official photographer to take images of the competitors during the finals and that the images maybe used by the IDTA in reports of the event and IDTA promotional materials, which is published by the IDTA in a variety of formats.
The IDTA will be videoing this competition and the footage or still images maybe used for promotional/advertising purposes. Anyone who does not wish to be filmed must notify the
organisers prior to event and they will be removed from any footage.
In the event of television coverage, live streaming or production of a DVD recording all
competitors agree that the rights to any fees from such recording will rest with IDTA Ltd
(the organisers) and no competitors nor associations shall have any claim the organisers,
television company, video streaming company or DVD producer.
Filming and photography is taking place on site today.
Photography and filming will be taking place on the day of the Grand Final for purpose including marketing and publicity. By entering you grant permission for your likeness to included.